This position has been filled.
TEMPORARY FULL-TIME EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Digital Imaging Technician
Luna Imaging, Inc., a leading digital imaging services and software provider is seeking a talented and dedicated full-time Digital Imaging Technician to digitize historical manuscripts, printed, unbound and bound material at a prominent Minneapolis-area cultural heritage institution. This is a temporary position of approximately six months duration, beginning in early September of 2016.
• Operating digital camera-based equipment to capture large numbers of 20th century historic correspondence, records, and documents.
• Accurately consulting for special instructions, performing and tracking high-volume image production workflow documents.
• Participating in maintenance of project spreadsheets.
• Consistent and accurate naming of image files.
• Calibrating monitors and digitization devices to ensure the highest possible quality and efficiency using appropriate hardware and software.
• Initiating delivery or transmission of images to corporate offices for processing.
• Troubleshooting basic problems with hardware, software, or image quality.
• 1-2 years experience in digital imaging projects, capturing archival documents.
• Experience using specialized software applications to capture and save images.
• Ability to meet challenging deadlines and work within complex workflows and schedules, while carefully handling fragile materials.
• Extreme attention to detail for both images and text-based data.
• Ability to work independently, efficiently, and accurately in a busy environment.
• Ability to recognize problems requiring assistance from others.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Library and Archives, History, or Photography experience preferred.
We offer state of the art digital image management software products, conversion of source materials into digital form, and related services to create digital collections. We are a small, aggressive company with a dedication to excellence and growth potential. We have an established reputation in the cultural heritage community for quality and performance.
We offer very competitive compensation, based on experience.
How to Apply
Candidates must include a cover letter, resume, and the names and phone numbers of three references with their responses. Please send your materials to George Helfand, email@example.com.