Insight® 5.1 helps to reduce the cost of ownership and expand access
by including support for MySQL, the world's most popular open source
database that is an attractive alternative to higher-cost, commercial
database offerings. New support for Safari, the default web browser
for Mac OS X, expands access to collections powered by Insight.
- Support for MySQL 4.1. Insight 5.1 ships with full support for MySQL
4.1 as a database platform. Now you have the choice of MySQL, DB2,
Oracle, or Microsoft SQL Server..
- Additional reporting tools. For those who want access to the source
data stored within Insight, Insight 5.1 ships with additional reporting
tools allowing access to thumbnail labels, image locations, and fielded
data stored within the Insight database. (Note: these tools require
support for stored procedures, presently supported on MSSQL, Oracle,
- Improved support for UTF-8 across the entire product suite from
data import, to indexing, to data display in BrowserInsight, the Insight
Java Client, and Inscribe data editor.
- Now users can create subfolders within Insight Shares. End users
can use folders to store Image Groups and Presentations. Administrators
can specify which users have the rights to add, delete, and/or use
top-level folders within Insight Shares. All folders are available
- Re-ordering of Image Groups based on a custom order. Image Groups
can now be ordered to meet your own needs. Simply create an Image
Group; add images; and drag and drop them into any order you choose
- New presentations maintain the Image Groups sort order when
the presentation is created.
- Annotations are now included in Image Export data.
- Annotations and Metadata are now included in the Presentation Export
to HTML, PowerPoint on Windows, and Keynote.
- Users may now specify the number of items per page (50-100-250).
- BrowserInsight now supports Safari 1.2+ (Apples Web Browser).
- BrowserInsight now supports access to Image Groups stored in subfolders
within Insight Shares.
- Users may now resize the Image Workspaces floating data window.
- A Collection Deletion option has been provide to remove unwanted
- Delete media function now provided within Media Processing panels.
- Media Processing now supports batches; making it easier to manage
review processed media.
- A new Merge / De-Duping module has been added to allow users to
manage duplicate records, authority files, and controlled vocabularies.
De-Duping is useful for removing duplicate imported records and helps
with data integrity issues.
- A new Media Manager module has been added to allow users to query,
review and delete collection media.
XML Gateway :
- Now providing a sample search application (Java servlet). This is
a simple search interface for a collection using XML Gateway technology.
Insight 5.1 Upgrade is the easiest to date. The implementation consists
of running an installer, identifying the 5.0 installation directory.
And pressing Install. This install will backup your current configuration
then update all server components.
For customers upgrading from 4.x, you will need to upgrade to 5.0 prior
to the 5.1 upgrade.
* Requires a current maintenance agreement
Questions regarding the upgrade should be directed to:
Luna Technical Support
800-452-LUNA ext. 268
To learn more about Insight please click