We are pleased to announce the release of Insight + LUNA v6.3.6. In addition to support for the iPad, iPod touch, and iPhone we’ve made
OAI-PMH enhancements, added support for Shibboleth and more.
The v6.3.6 release notes are below:
LUNA multi-touch interface for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
- Includes most features of the desktop version including Media Groups; Slide Shows; Detail View; BookReader; Advanced Search;
Category Search; Browse; Facets; Media Summary and full catalog data.
- Expanded authentication to support optional integration with the standards based, open source product, Shibboleth.
- Improved security for the LUNA application and implemented password encryption for LUNA user login.
- Enhanced outgoing mail to allow the use of SSL and or TLS when sending mail from the LUNA server, for secure email transmission.
- Secured LUNA's login page with reCAPTCHA to mitigate brute force attacks on passwords
- Improved OAI compatibility by conforming to version 2.0 of OAI-PMH protocols for registration and validation.
- Fixed a bug that caused only the first value of a repeating field that has multiple values to be returned in an OAI harvest output.
- Fixed a bug that was causing OAI date range searches to fail.
- A bug that caused the resources for books to remain in the temp directory after processing them in Studio has been fixed. To remove files in the temp directory
for books that have already been processed, please read this forum post.
- Fixed a bug preventing non-western characters from working in annotations.
- Removed the excess log statements from the LUNA Suite start up in order to make it easier for administrators to find important error
messages and stack traces when problems with the system occur.
- Implemented methods to prevent self-registered user account creation by robots.
- Improved reliability within slow or high latency networks.
Questions regarding the upgrade should be directed to:
Luna Technical Support
800-452-LUNA ext. 268
Learn more about LUNA.