NEW v6.3 BookReader integration revolutionizes LUNA!
The BookReader integrates the discovery and display of compound objects such as books, manuscripts, and newspapers in LUNA. LUNA's new BookReader
allows users to search inside a book, turn its pages, and zoom into the text. Of course. And because our BookReader is a part of the amazing
LUNA browser, its added features make it rise above the competition. In addition to descriptive data, BookReader objects are indexed for full text
searching. See examples.
Build your own BookReader objects or add Internet Archive titles to your LUNA Collections.
Also integral to the v6.3 release, LUNA collections can now be exposed to OAI-PMH harvesters such as OAIster which feeds WorldCat.org. RSS feeds introduce additional flexibility.
Select Features of Insight v6.3 + LUNA
- Add entire books and/or pages of books to Media Groups. Pages can be added to slide shows, and presentations.
- View a BookReader object in the Detail View, as a page of thumbnails, or in the Full View. The Full View provides a larger display of the book object and incorporates
a vertical thumbnail panel to quickly scroll through individual book pages.
- Export BookReader objects as a PDF.
- Full Text Search: LUNA now indexes full text from BookReader and PDF media. Search catalog data or
both catalog data and the text in documents.
- Enhanced Data Panel Search: Click on fielded terms within the data display window to search for a particular
value within a single field across multiple fields.
- Shortened URLs and new options for sharing content with standard tools like Facebook, Twitter, Google, Delicious, etc…
- Build BookReader objects including OCR of printed text which will be searchable in LUNA.
- Quickly build collections by adding Internet Archive and Open Library titles to LUNA collections.
- LUNA collections can now be exposed to OAI-PMH harvesters such as OAIster which feeds WorldCat.org.
- RSS feeds introduce additional flexibility for delivering targeted content to users and keep audiences up to date on the latest changes to your collections.
- The technical metadata that displays at the bottom of the data display panel can now be configured so that it does not display.
- LUNA has been enhanced to support Inscribe data formatting, such as line breaks in the data display panel, making it easier to read large blocks of text.
- Added a page footer to LUNA which can be modified through an HTML file.
- An enhancement to the Administrator Tools makes it possible to load graphics for non-image file types.
- Improvements made to LDAP testing and credential granting which provides a way for administrators to determine which credential is being granted.
- Modified the “similar to” operator from “#” to “|”.
- Fixed a bug in Studio that was causing LUNA to misinterpret fielded search queries if a field name in the catalog template contained a special character.
- Dramatically improved reliability of LUNA Publisher. Helps to eliminate cases where records go missing by tracking each item that is being
published and retrying ones that failed.
- Fixed an issue in LUNA causing search results to fail for data values containing colons and dashes.
- A blank password is no longer allowed during log-in.
- Fixed the “Select a Field” drop down list in LUNA’s Advanced Search.
- A bug in LUNA’s Embed This tool that returned incorrect objects counts has now been fixed.
- Fixed playback of MP3 files in LUNA.
- Selecting 250 items per page in LUNA has been fixed so that it will now refresh to show all images.
- Corrected the sorting of items in the QuickView when originating from a category search.
- Fixed a bug that caused video icons to disappear when reordering or managing a Media Group.
Questions regarding the upgrade should be directed to:
Luna Technical Support
800-452-LUNA ext. 268
Learn more about LUNA.