THE FUTURE OF DIGITAL ASSET MANAGEMENT
LUNA transforms digital assets into vibrant digital collections. It’s a powerful web-based alternative to traditional digital asset management systems that focus exclusively on managing content.
Originally developed for museums, archives, and libraries, LUNA was created so that our scanning clients could share the digital content we helped them create. Now everyone is using it.
With no per-seat pricing you can afford to let your entire organization work together to build your digital collections. LUNA is easy to deploy and is available both as SaaS or on premises.
VIEWING AND SEARCHING
Your content is special. Give your audience the tools to appreciate it.
- Quickly zoom in on image details
- Compare multiple items side-by-side
- Browse and narrow search by Who, What, When, Where category facets
- Embedded metadata search and display
- Advanced, keyword, data panel, full text search
- Support for iPod touch, iPad, iPhone
- Display all common formats (JPEG, GIF, TIFF, JPEG2000, PDF, PNG, etc.)
- Native Flash and MP3 playback
- Page flip effect for books
- MARC records integration
Do more than just browse.
- Save favorites to Media Groups
- Create dynamic presentations and slideshows
- Export Media Groups and presentations to PowerPoint
- Add custom annotations
- Add individual pages, or entire books to Media Groups and slideshows
Fast and easy. Based on open source applications Solr and Lucene, LUNA is so fast you can create a collection in just minutes. Save time and money on your image processing with LUNA’s automatic image derivative and JPG2000 creation.
Add or edit record data in bulk
Bulk upload media items and data
Save records as draft
Update records without republishing
Easily copy items between collections
Automatic derivative and JPG2000 creation
Import local authorities and controlled vocabularies
STAY IN CONTROL
LUNA was built to support different roles and responsibilities. You control who has access to your collections, and who can help you create and manage them.
- Grant access to specific LUNA tools
- Control cataloging permissions
- Control export and image viewing size
- Restrict by IP, integrate with Active Directory LDAP, Open LDAP
CUSTOMIZE, DON'T COMPROMISE
Each collection you create in LUNA can have its own properties and data structure while your audience can treat them all as one, and easily search across them simultaneously.
- Build a custom data structure, or choose an existing one (Dublin Core, VRA Core, Simple Labels)
- Support for repeating fields, local authorities
- Choose which fields can be sorted, searched, and displayed
- Change your collection name, description any time
- Select thumbnail labels and media summary fields
- Map data fields to Who, What, When, Where facet categories
- Map data to OAI-PMH for participation with Open Archives Initiative
THE ONLY TOOL YOU NEED
LUNA can take care of your asset management needs, digital collection needs and online exhibition needs. Collections published to the web are search engine optimized. Carefully analyze usage statistics to stay informed of how your collections are being used.
- Built-in search engine optimization
- Easy eCommerce integration with our partner Reprint Mint, or customize with your own fulfillment partner
- Integrated Google Analytics
- Flickr API